Terms of Sale
Michael Treloar Antiquarian Booksellers are longstanding members of the Australian and New Zealand Association of Antiquarian Booksellers (ANZAAB) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB), and abide by the Codes of Ethics and Practice of these organisations.
Guarantee of Completeness and Authenticity
- We guarantee the authenticity and completeness of all items, and any defects, significant restorations or omissions are noted in our published descriptions.
- Items found to have significant defects not described in our published description can be returned for a full refund. A full refund is conditional upon the items being returned in the same condition in which they were sent. Notification of intent to return an item must be given before doing so, and within 14 days of receipt of the item.
- The benefits of this guarantee are not assignable and are applicable only to the original buyer of the item.
- Customers enjoy all the legal protections set out under Australian Consumer Law.
- Books are expertly packed for shipping.
- Postage rates quoted on our website are based on a standard octavo book, properly packed for shipping.
- Our usual shipping provider for domestic and international parcels is Australia Post, which provides a range of reliable parcel services with tracking.
- Insurance is available on request; please contact us for a quote.
- Extra charges may be incurred for large items, sets of books, or for parcels sent by courier services.
Billing and Payment
- All items are subject to prior sale.
- All prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST.
- Libraries and institutions may be billed to their requirements.
- Legal title to any item does not pass to the purchaser until full payment has been received.
- We accept payment by direct bank transfer, cash, credit card (Visa, Mastercard and American Express), and PayPal.
- We require a minimum deposit of 20%, and regular payments, with the total to be paid in full within five months.
- If no payment is received over a period of six months, the items will be returned to stock.