The title and photographer's credit are written in a neat calligraphic hand in white ink on the original mount. The left- and right-hand photographs are a little unevenly tanned, otherwise it is a fine panorama attractively presented behind glass in its original polished timber frame (external dimensions 190 x 595 mm). Berri, on the River Murray about 240 kilometres north-east of Adelaide, was proclaimed a town in 1911, just a decade before these photographs were taken. Irrigation subsequently led to the establishment of the vineyards and fruit orchards that are synonymous with the region. However, the 'first impetus for settlement came when paddle steamers came down the River Murray and a refuelling stop was developed' at this 'wide bend in the river' (Wikipedia), and it is this aspect of Berri's history that is captured in this panorama. The fledgling township comes a distant second to the river, the paddle-steamers, and the vast woodheap that takes up half the width of the scene.