London, Goodwin, 1694 [first edition].
Duodecimo, [xii], 196 pages.
Early blind-stamped full calf, much later rebacked with a contrasting morocco title-label; corners worn and a little bumped; front hinge starting to crack but still firm; window cut in the pastedown of the replacement front endpaper to display an early armorial bookplate (of George Wrighte at Gothurst); small nick to the leading edge of the half-title and title leaf (and the two preceding binder's blanks); overall a very good copy.
An ink inscription on the half-title states 'By Dr Robinson, B[isho]p of Bristoll' (in 1710). John Robinson (1650-1723) was also Bishop of London from 1714 to 1723; prior to that, he was 'chaplain (c.1680) to English embassy at Swedish court, where he remained more than twenty-five years' (Concise DNB). With the mid-twentieth century ownership signature (in pencil) of Dr Heinz Kent.