Three abutting vintage gelatin-silver photographs (overall dimensions 74 × 428 mm), backed up with sheets of contrasting paper to form an effective border 95 × 446 mm, and mounted on thick card with the caption 'Yudnapinna Station 1935' neatly inscribed in black ink below the photographs.
The mount is trimmed to the backing paper on the left and right edges, and has a stabilised crack near one corner of the backing paper; it also has a few chips and marginal cracks and blemishes well clear of the photograph and caption, which can be matted out effectively if the item is framed; the photographs are in excellent condition.
'Situated west of the Stuart highway about halfway between Port Augusta and Woomera, Yudnapinna can trace its pastoral origins to mid nineteenth century. The property was established by Thomas McTurk Gibson and was one of the largest sheep stations in South Australia, with peak shearing of 100,000 sheep in the 1850s. Purchased by McBride [AJ & PA McBride Ltd] in 2016, the property is currently 224,293 ha and has a maximum stocking level of 29,000 sheep, although dry conditions since acquisition have meant that current stocking levels are closer to half of the maximum' (company website).